Friday, November 27, 2020

How to make the "usual", "unusual".

Making the usual, unusual.

How often do Gulf Islanders ride the ferry? Too much. How long does it take before the unique marine adventure become but a backdrop to one's life? About 10 trips. So, it isn't long before the "unique" becomes "blasé" ... at least to some.

With my frequent trips to Victoria and Vancouver, it wasn't long before I found myself joining the "blasé" group. Fortunately I am rather an "active" personality with an insatiable interest in capturing images. So, what a better way to re-familiarize me with my ferry trips than to begin to look at it from a different point of view.

"The Ferry: A different point of view" is the result of my curiosity. I started to look a the ferry as a piece of art - to look at the ferry trip (sunsets, wake, etc.) as recordable memory moments. Essentially, I started to capture what had become "usual" in an "unusual" way. 

Here are the original images transformed using HDR software. Sold a few of these. Unfortunately, after 27 years of riding the ferry, I practice my bass guitar now instead of roaming for interesting images.







No comments:

Post a Comment